Welcome to my manic mind!

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you enjoy what you read here! If you do, please let me know by leaving some comments, and please share my link with your friends!
I love getting comments, so let me know what you think about what you read!

If you see an ad that may be something you're interested in- please click it and help support my blog! Each click counts! :o)

All blogs on this site are copy-written and owned by me.
Again, thanks for stopping by! Much love!

Meesa Caudill

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Great War

"This is a time of war!" was exclaimed,
"The tension has gone on too long!"
"We must fight to the death to prove which of us
is the weak and which is the strong!"
With each thought and with each pulse,
the mind and the heart fought with pride.
Exhausted from battle, but each held it's own,
to conquer the great divide.
"I am the intelligence!" said the mind,
"The body uses me to survive!""
But I am the soul!" said the heart,
"Without me, you wouldn't be alive!"
Since the dawn of time, humans were confused
about which should lead the way.
"Follow your heart" says one human,
"It will never lead you astray."
"But the mind is our intellect, it uses facts,
it doesn't lead us into the dark!"
So for years this battle continued,
with each making it's own mark.
But this war, my friends, is never won-
and it carries on to this day.
One will drag you straight to hell,
the other just paves the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Leave some love or disagree! Either way- I like to know what my readers think!