Welcome to my manic mind!

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you enjoy what you read here! If you do, please let me know by leaving some comments, and please share my link with your friends!
I love getting comments, so let me know what you think about what you read!

If you see an ad that may be something you're interested in- please click it and help support my blog! Each click counts! :o)

All blogs on this site are copy-written and owned by me.
Again, thanks for stopping by! Much love!

Meesa Caudill

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Decade Down the Drain

Resolution, schmesolution. Who needs 'em?

It's almost 2011, people. Am I the only one having a hard time believing that?? Is it just me or does it seem like it was just yesterday that everyone was freaking out over the Y2K scare? Where has the last decade gone?!?!?! Another year gone, another decade for the next generations to make fun of. Were there even any real "fads" of 2000-2010? Maybe I just didn't notice because of my age. What are your most memorable moments of the last ten years? Twenty years from now when you remember the... wait, what is that decade gonna be called? The singles? hahahaha! Anyways... when you look back on "the singles" of 2000-2010, what will stand out in your mind?

I'm sure our grandparents and great-grandparents have their fond memories of the 'simpler life' from the early part of the 20th century. Our parents have the great music, Vietnam, Woodstock, etc. from their years. We have the craziness of the 80's and 90's, the terror attacks of 9-11, and our own war. Is that all we're gonna have to look back on when we're the seniors of America?

As for me... the past 10 years have been one helluva ride, that's for sure. Growing up is a bitch and I'm still in the process. Actually, I think I've gone backwards. Lol! Bought a house, got married, sold the house, got divorced, got a new job that I was at for almost 5 years, moved into my very own apartment by myself for the first time in my life, got pregnant, lost my dad, lost my son, totalled my car, got laid off, and now here I sit. Of course those are just the big things that stand out in my mind of the last ten years. What are your big things?

So another year is gone. Last year I had the motto of "New Year, New Rules, New Life". This year I think my motto is just gonna be "Go With the Flow". There's no point to resolutions. No one ever keeps them. There's no point to thinking "This year is gonna be so much better than last year." It's just another year of trying to survive, trying to live life as happily as possible, and trying to duck and weave all the bullshit that gets thrown at us throughout the days.

So to all my friends, may you have lots of luck for 2011. And if you get hit with a bucket of shit, be sure to close your eyes and mouth. :oP

"May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Leave some love or disagree! Either way- I like to know what my readers think!