Welcome to my manic mind!

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you enjoy what you read here! If you do, please let me know by leaving some comments, and please share my link with your friends!
I love getting comments, so let me know what you think about what you read!

If you see an ad that may be something you're interested in- please click it and help support my blog! Each click counts! :o)

All blogs on this site are copy-written and owned by me.
Again, thanks for stopping by! Much love!

Meesa Caudill

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Unattainable Beauty

So here's something for my few readers to chew on...

what do YOU consider beautiful? Is it the chiseled body and porcelain doll features of celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, etc? Is it the pefect abs and skin you see on the cover and in every page of Maxim or Cosmo magazine? How about the small waists and long legs?

How many of you can actually say that you would prefer a beautiful, womanly, voluptuous woman like Kirsty Alley over the Paris Hilton's of today? Honestly?

Why are women subjected to such self-torture nowadays thanks to the media? Do people (men mostly) honestly expect us to look like the plastic celebritites that drown us daily in television, magazines, and internet? And ladies- how can we possibly expect to fall for it?

I know personally growing up I have always been "thick". Not what some call fat by any means but I've never been what our society considers "thin". (Well, once when I was between 15 thru 17 but that didn't last once my real hormones kicked in.) I heard it my whole life because most people are rude enough to point out when "you're ass is getting big", or "damn, you've gained weight!". So my whole life I've had this horrible self-image that I was less than worthy of being called "beautfiul" or "sexy". To this day I have a hard time accepting compliments when someone says something like that.

But why? Why do we allow ourselves such low self-esteem, such a negative self-worth? Because we want to be loved, that's why.

Did you know that the diet industry is worth $100 billion dollars? And to quote an article I just read "On the other hand, research indicates that exposure to images of thin, young, air-brushed female bodies is linked to depression, loss of self-esteem and the development of unhealthy eating habits in women and girls." And then we wonder why anorexia and bulimia are such common occurences.  90% of the sufferers of these disorders are... you guessed it... women! And this has been going on for decades, yet we continue to feed the little girls and impressionable teens in our country the bullshit pictures and ideals that us females are supposed to be perfect size 5's or size 2's or whatever. Will it ever stop?

The fashion industry, diet industry, plastic surgeons, and cosmetic industry are booming because of our low self-esteem. And it's all because we simply want to be loved.

Men, tell the ladies you know how beautiful they are. If you enjoy seeing a voluptuous woman, tell them. Lord knows we don't hear it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Leave some love or disagree! Either way- I like to know what my readers think!