Welcome to my manic mind!

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you enjoy what you read here! If you do, please let me know by leaving some comments, and please share my link with your friends!
I love getting comments, so let me know what you think about what you read!

If you see an ad that may be something you're interested in- please click it and help support my blog! Each click counts! :o)

All blogs on this site are copy-written and owned by me.
Again, thanks for stopping by! Much love!

Meesa Caudill

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Arsonist

To mention a spark in poetry is so cliche-
but we had a fire that could burn for days...
like gasoline fumes exploding with the spark of a match-
a heat so intense, too hot to get attached.
You're nothing but an arsonist who sees fire as his art-
you burned into my body, my soul, my heart.
A roaring fire was begun, you started the flame-
it was all too real to me- but to you, just a game...
you love starting the fire, yet refuse to put it out-
letting me burn into ashes, a blazing forest in a drought.
You leave no sign of foul play- you're a master at your art...
no traces you were ever here other than my scorched heart.
I'll no longer play with fire, I'm so tired of getting burned.
My soul has been left in ashes- my lesson has been learned.


Photo courtesy of Darren Hester @ http://www.morguefile.com/archive/display/710758

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Leave some love or disagree! Either way- I like to know what my readers think!