Welcome to my manic mind!

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you enjoy what you read here! If you do, please let me know by leaving some comments, and please share my link with your friends!
I love getting comments, so let me know what you think about what you read!

If you see an ad that may be something you're interested in- please click it and help support my blog! Each click counts! :o)

All blogs on this site are copy-written and owned by me.
Again, thanks for stopping by! Much love!

Meesa Caudill

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ridiculous Dreams

Could I have been more of a fool?
Dreaming those ridiculous dreams...
believing I found what I had always wanted,
believing he could really love ME.
Dreaming of the white picket fence,
the American dream, a piece of the pie...
a life filled with romance, filled with love-
go figure... it was all a lie.
An act, a facade, a play-
a play on words, a play on my heart.
I opened myself up again-
only to be torn apart.
Wanting so badly to scream right now-
to punch something, find something to break...
seems the only thing broken is me though-
nothing here to ease this ache.
I should have known better,
so now bitterness sets in.
Self pity, pathetic loathing,
pissed off cause I did it again.
I gave someone my heart
expecting it to be safe with a man,
only to have it burn up in flames-
the match lit by his hands.
Back on the road of solitude-
learning to be once again alone...
turning my tears into fire-
and this broken heart into stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Leave some love or disagree! Either way- I like to know what my readers think!